Monday, January 25, 2010

Internet marketing consultant

Good information about Internet marketing consultant from ttp://www.searchcommander.com/

-----

As an Internet marketing consultant, I used to separate Search Engine Optimization and Internet marketing, believing that the latter meant strictly “paid listings”, as in pay per click or banner ads. Now however, I’ve come to believe that the entire picture must be considered for any balanced search engine campaign.

For example, my own website may rank on the first page for “Internet consultant” but it does not rank well for the phrase “search marketing”. Therefore, to maximize my visibility, pay per click advertising could be utilized to be visible on the first page for the “search marketing” phrase.

If I wanted to increase my organic visibility for the phrase “search marketing” then I would have to add more relevant quality content, and obtain more reputable inbound links from other websites. A short term fix though, would be to bid on phrases that I don’t rank well for organically.

As organic search rankings change, so does the needs for paid listings, and “search engine optimization” and “Internet marketing” have never been more closely aligned than they are at this point in time.

Organically, great search engine rankings are achieved through a combination of many factors, but in the end, it really all boils down to just three things, in my opinion.

  1. Site Structure
  2. Content
  3. Links

No comments:

Post a Comment